Google TOC
Make This My Homepage
A   A   A
 Follow 
Share

Fire Claims Life of a Spencer County Man



An early Friday morning house fire claimed the life of a Spencer County man.

Indiana State Police say the home of 65-year-old Bryan Gregory and his 66-year-old wife Maureen went up in flames on South Snowball Lane in Christmas Lake Village in Santa Claus.

Maureen Gregory was able to make it out of the house, but Bryan was overcome by smoke and passed out.

Mrs. Gregory  told fire investigators she had dropped a cigarette in the living room and was unable to pick it back up before the fire started.

The Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Office has ruled the fire accidental.

Maureen Gregory suffered smoke inhalation and first degree burns in the fire.

She was airlifted to University of Louisville Hospital in Louisville where she was last reported to be in in stable condition.