Google TOC
Make This My Homepage
A   A   A
 Follow 
Share

Contaminated Skittles Sold At Richmond Store



Indiana health officials say packages of Original Skittles sold at an eastern Indiana store were contaminated by unconfirmed chemical substances and that two people who ate from one package needed hospital treatment for burning throats, cramping and diarrhea.

State Health Department spokeswoman Amy Reel says investigators don't know yet if the package of candy was tampered with.

Authorities are advising people who purchased Skittles with the lot numbers 08JUL14 023 or 01DEC14 023 not to consume the candy but to set it aside for retrieval by Indiana State Police.