It's responsible for thousands of deaths in the U-S each year, but experts say many Hoosiers are still unaware of the dangers of radon gas.
James King with the Indiana Department of Health says radon is a cancer-causing radioactive gas in the ground that you can't see, taste or smell, and it can seep up through cracks and crevices below a home.
King says radon is easy to reduce through a simple mitigation system that can be installed by a professional.
Hoosiers can test for radon in their home by hiring a radon inspector or by purchasing a do-it-yourself kit.
An estimated 21 thousand people in the U-S die of radon-induced lung cancer on an annual basis.