Flooding Possible/Drive with Caution
Heavy rainfall today could cause flooding in southwest Indiana.
The Indiana State Police says that means motorists need to be on the lookout for high water and know what to do when they run into a flooded roadway.
· First of all, don't travel unless absolutely necessary.
· If you do, take your cell phone.
· Never drive around barricades at water crossings.
· And never drive through running water.
· Driving through standing water may affect your brakes.
· Be careful at night, because flooded roadways are more difficult to see.
· Remember that six inches of water will reach the bottoms of most car doors. One foot of water will float many vehicles, and two feet of moving water can carry away most vehicles.