Harvest Season is Time to" Watch Out" for Deer
Deer are becoming more active due to the fall harvest and the upcoming rutting season.
Indiana State Police offer these tips to reduce your chances of running into one of them on the highway.
· When possible, use your high beams at night and be aware deer could be standing on or near the side of the roadway.
· Watch approaching vehicles and observe what may break their headlight beams; it could be a passing deer.
· Watch for reflections from the deer's eyes.
· Where there is one deer, there are often several. Don't assume you missed the deer because more could follow.
· If your vehicle strikes a deer don't touch it. A frightened or wounded deer can cause serious bodily injury.
· And finally, always wear your seat belt.