Pike County Sheriff Jeremy Britton reminds the public to be on the lookout for school buses and children walking to and from school.
The sheriff’s department has five tips that should prove helpful in avoiding accidents:
- Stop for school buses when their red lights are flashing and their flashing stop arm is extended.
- Obey School zone speed limits.
- Pedestrians need to pay attention and follow the law when crossing streets.
- Make sure kids are wearing seat belts if they are in a car pool.
- And, take a refresher-driving course no matter how long you have been driving.